The UK pop-gossip newsletter Popbitch did a survey of artists’ tour riders for its latest edition, and it found something sort of sad: The demands of bands were kind of boring! “Even Lady GaGa… is entirely happy with whatever brand of water she’s given,” the Popbitches lament, a trend that would seem to go hand-in-hand with the increasingly stripped-down riders that have been posted to the unsealed-documents site The Smoking Gun lately. So what were the highlights of Popbitch’s findings? Here’s a hint (and a sign of how sorta-dull things are in the backstage world): Expect to find lots of pureed chickpeas.
* Security at Muse gigs are informed that most of the crowd surfing happens stage right.
* Ladyhawke is very allergic to aubergines [eggplant].
* The Ting Tings will not allow any styrofoam backstage at their gigs.
* Chico’s rider at Butlins? Two bottles of Evian, and two blueberry muffins.
* The Killers’ request for three pairs of pants was for one band member only.
* Kings of Leon like ultra-balm tissues.
* Dom Perignon is the only champagne brand acceptable to 2ManyDJs.
* Hummus is this summer’s most popular snack
* A blender is very important to Keane. They also need “Benecol drinks or similar drinks for digestive aid”.
You might also like