Move over, Daft Punk. Country crooner Luke Bryan has somehow managed to pull off the neat trick of having two chart-topping albums on the Billboard 200 in 2013, and his latest, Crash My Party, sold 528,000 copies out of the gate — enough to put it behind only Justin Timberlake‘s The 20/20 Experience (968,000) and Jay Z‘s Magna Carta Holy Grail (just over 528,000, according to Billboard) as far as albums with the biggest album opening weeks this year so far. All of this points to one thing: America still digs pop, hip hop and country.
See how the rest of the latest round of the Top 10 played out below.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. Luke Bryan, Crash My Party *new* *1 week*
2. K. Michelle, Rebellious Soul *new*
3. Various, NOW 47
4. Robin Thicke, Blurred Lines
5. The Civil Wars, The Civil Wars
6. Jay-Z, Magna Carta Holy Grail
7. Soundtrack, Teen Beach Movie
8. Florida Georgia Line, Here’s To The Good Times
9. Imagine Dragons, Night Visions
10. Five Finger Death Punch, The Wrong Side Of Heaven & The Righteous Side Of Hell
You might also like