Katy Perry‘s Swede-pop-influenced outing Prism more than fulfilled the “plus” from the prediction that the album would sell 270,000+ copies in its first week, as the LP debuts atop the Billboard 200 after moving 286,000. For those keeping track of the “Unconditionally” songstress’ first-week showings, she initially jumped onto the main album chart in 2008 with 47,000 copies of One Of The Boys sold, then upped that to 192,000 out of the gate with Teenage Dream in 2010.
As far as high profile, sexually-charged pop divas go, Prism also bests the 270,000 Miley Cyrus‘ Bangerz debuted with just two weeks ago. Similar-caliber albums on the horizon which may well best Perry’s Prism: Lady Gaga‘s ARTPOP and Britney Spears‘ Britney Jean. Until then, jump below to see how the upper tier of this week’s chart played out.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. Katy Perry, Prism *new* *1 week*
2. Pearl Jam, Lightning Bolt
3. Drake, Nothing Was The Same
4. Miley Cyrus, Bangerz
5. Lorde, Pure Heroine
6. Fifth Harmony, Better Together *new*
7. DJ Khaled, Suffering From Success *new*
8. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience — 2 Of 2
9. AFI, Burials *new*
10. Luke Bryan, Crash My Party
You might also like