Jessie J connected with a handful of lucky Heartbeats on Google+ yesterday (July 31) and it turned out to an awkward but entertaining and ultimately informative get-together. The plucky Brit sat down to talk with fans, who all seemed to be experiencing audio difficulties or have clingy parents hovering behind them in nightgowns.
Not that it kept the short-haired siren from having a good old chat and performing a preview of new single “It’s My Party”, which sounds rather catchy. She spilled the beans on future collaborations and scrapped singles. Read on for 10 things we learned from Jessie J’s Google+ hangout.
1. The sultry sex symbol’s new album boasts collaborations with Brandy, Big Sean, Dizzy Rascal but won’t include her Calvin Harris feature.
2. On her days off she likes to watch TV.
3. “I don’t wake up every day and think I’m Jessie J!” Amazing quote.
4. She likes to eat soup.
5. Her album doesn’t include leaked tracks “Catwalk” and “Technology” due to legal reasons.
6. Who You Are was reflective of her teenage self, while the new opus “is a reflection of the woman I’m going to be forever”.
7. Nothing else on the record sounds like “Wild”. Which is kind of a shame because that was a grower.
8. The diva can’t decide on her favorite hairstyle but prefers to be brunette.
9. Jessie’s acoustic performance of “It’s My Party” (circa the 18 minute mark) drew gasps of “oh my god!” All present agreed that it was “nice”.
10. “I’m so shiny I look like a waxwork from Madame Tussauds!” Another amazing quote.
Are you excited about Jessie J’s new album? Let us know in the comments below.
You might also like