Kanye West‘s Yeezus could use a little divine intervention on the Billboard 200 these days. While the “Black Skinhead” ranter‘s album debuted at #1 two weeks ago, just ahead of J. Cole‘s Born Sinner, the latter has quietly held its ground since then. Last week Cole sat put at #2 during Wale‘s top debut with The Gifted, and now Born Sinner has jumped into the album chart’s peak position after moving another 58,0000 copies. Yeezus, meanwhile, is at #3 (39,000).
Another noteworthy feat for Born Sinner: the album’s cumulative copies sold now stands at 439,000, which is 8,000 more than Yeezus.
Fascinating stuff if you’re sitting on either side of the whole Kanye vs. J. Cole ring, but none of this will really matter once Jay-Z‘s Magna Carta Holy Grail comes crashing onto the Billboard 200 next week. Hova’s projected first-week sales: upwards of 500,000.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. J. Cole, Born Sinner *1 week*
2. Wale, The Gifted
3. Kanye West, Yeezus
4. Imagine Dragons, Night Visions
5. Florida Georgia Line, Here’s To The Good Times
6. Joe, Doubleback: Evolution Of R&B *new*
7. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
8. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, The Heist
9. Bruno Mars, Unorthodox Jukebox
10. Blake Shelton, Based On A True Story
You might also like