Following a two-and-a-half-month winter hiatus, Glee returns tonight (February 25) for new episode “Frenemies,” which will find, among other things, Rachel (Lea Michele) and Santana (Naya Rivera) spatting over the latter landing an understudy gig in Funny Girl and Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Elliott (Adam Lambert) covering The Darkness‘ “I Believe In A Thing Called Love.” Looking ahead, the cast members, both current and past, got together in January to shoot the series’ 100th episode, which is set to air in two parts on March 18 and March 25. Another big reveal that happened last month: The show’s location will be moving permanently to New York. In other words, goodbye, Lima, Ohio.
So how will it all go down? According to Entertainment Weekly, Lea Michele stated that Manhattan will be the full time location for Glee by end of the March 25 episode. Sam (Chord Overstreet), Artie (Kevin McHale), Blaine (Darren Criss) and — surprise! — Mercedes (Amber Riley) will feature, in addition to Rachel, Santana and Kurt, in future episodes after that.
“We are gonna take some time just in NY. See where that takes us,” executive producer Brad Falchuk told EW. “We’re really excited about adult stories out of high school when nobody gives a hoot about you. How does that feel to suddenly be nobody from being the biggest hero?”
Criss spoke a bit about Blaine and Kurt’s relationship, once the engaged pair are both in New York: “When you move in with somebody in any relationship, it’s going to be a challenge. I think they are going to face some challenges together and see if they can get through them or not.”
In addition to Amber Riley, other former full time cast members returning for Glee‘s Paris Barclay-directed 100th episode include Mark Salling (Puck), Diana Agron (Quinn) and Heather Morris (Brittany). They’ll all be joined by previous guest stars Kristen Chenoweth and Gwyneth Paltrow, along with newcomer Chace Crawford.
March 25 will also see the release of the Glee The Music: Celebrating 100 Episodes exclusively at Target. The 13-track CD will be comprised of both new songs for the episode plus re-recorded version of past Glee covers.
Below is the full list of who will be singing what. Get ready to celebrate, Gleeks!
1. Keep Holding On* – Mark Salling
2. Valerie* – Naya Rivera & Heather Morris
3. Defying Gravity*- Lea Michele, Chris Colfer & Amber Riley
4. Raise Your Glass* – Matthew Morrison & Kristin Chenoweth
5. Toxic*- Naya Rivera, Heather Morris & Dianna Agron
6. Happy – Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristin Chenoweth, Matthew Morrison, Darren Criss & Amber Riley
7 .Party All the Time – Gwyneth Paltrow
8. Total Eclipse of the Heart* – Matthew Morrison & Kristin Chenoweth
9 .Loser Like Me* – featuring Darren Criss, Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet & Jenna Ushkowitz
10. Be Okay – Lea Michele & Naya Rivera
11. I Am Changing – Amber Riley & Chris Colfer
12. Just Give Me a Reason – Dianna Agron & Mark Salling
13. Don’t Stop Believin’* - Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Chris Colfer, Matthew Morrison, Kevin McHale & Jenna Ushkowitz
*= Season 5 version
You might also like