Arcade Fire follow up the previous #1 showing of 2010′s The Suburbs with another Billboard 200 chart topper, in the form of new LP Reflektor. The Canadian rockers’ fourth album, which was co-produced by DFA Records and LCD Soundsytem co-founder James Murphy, sold 140,000 copies in its first week, which was enough to bump Katy Perry‘s Prism (92,000) off the top spot.
Arcade Fire lead six overall new arrivals in the upper tier of the main album chart, which include Kelly Clarkson‘s holiday album Wrapped In Red at #3 (70,000) and Duck The Halls (#4, 69,000), the Christmas-themed offering from the cast of A&E reality show Duck Dynasty. If the latter winds up being the Michael Buble-sized holiday smash of 2013, it would not only be kind of amazing, but pretty much on par with the way pop has been going this year.
The Top 10 Of The Billboard 200 Chart
1. Arcade Fire, Reflektor *new* *1 week*
2. Katy Perry, Prism
3. Kelly Clarkson, Wrapped In Red *new*
4. The Robertsons, Duck The Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas *new*
5. Drake, Nothing Was The Same
6. Thomas Rhett, It Goes Like This *new*
7. Toby Keith, Drinks After Work *new*
8. Lorde, Pure Heroine
9. Miley Cyrus, Bangerz
10. Linkin Park, Recharged *new*
Get an eyeful of even more pop music coverage, from artist interviews to exclusive performances, on Idolator’s YouTube channel.
You might also like